It takes an average of 204 volunteers a month to help fun the Food Bank
Due to the increase in COVID 19 numbers, we are suspending all volunteer opportunities.
Change lives and feel great
Join us and make an impact in your community by helping us sort and repack nutritious food for our hungry neighbors, assisting in our fireweed diner, or help grow food in our garden. It’s easy, fun, and can make a huge difference in just a few hours!
Whether it’s just you, a group of your friends, or a corporate team – signing up is easy. Each volunteer will need to register. This includes children, family members, and accompanying guests. Click here to register as a volunteer.
Already registered? Log In to access the volunteer portal.
For more information, please call 262-3111
The Kenai Peninsula Food Bank does not deny anyone the opportunity to perform volunteer service on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, national origin or religion. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.
- Volunteers are requested to record their hours of service. Keeping track of volunteer participation documents community support and helps the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank when applying for grants, corporate and foundation funding.
- The Kenai Peninsula Food Bank is open between the hours of 9:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
- We ask that volunteers perform tasks in a professional, courteous manner and quality equal to that expected of regular KPFB staff.
- Respect for the confidentiality of Kenai Peninsula Food Bank agencies, individual clients, Community Work Service workers, volunteers and staff is of great importance.
- As a matter of safety, volunteers must dress appropriately for warehouse work. (No open toed or high heeled shoes, short skirts or dresses, shorts, low cut shirts or blouses or bare midriff apparel.)
- Volunteers performing work for the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank are NOT covered by workman’s compensation or any other Kenai Peninsula Food Bank insurance.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or if you need help finding food.